Monday, September 21, 2009

oh! It's 10pm, time for the news, er--i mean, opinions

BREAKING NEWS AT 10PM streaming live into your home television set.

Yeah? No. I already know it. I read it, online, all day long.

News really has become a 24/7 kind of thing. There used to be a time, or so I've heard, when the internet wasn't the end all be all of everything interesting and news worthy. Now, who even waits til 10? Information is so readily available and updateable, (that's not a word) that the mystery of a regularly scheduled news programming becomes, almost, not needed? Feel free to totally disagree, I find myself even while writing to disagree with myself. However, it's interesting once I start thinking about how everything is thrown right in your face. You cannot possibly ignore what is going on in our world. Whether it is what latest celebrity train wreck blew through the headlines that day, or a murder mystery in our backyard. As I double click on my Firefox icon, Yahoo! pops up and I am face to face with articles debuting NFL plays and Emmy surprises. The vast array of newsworthy topics almost seems to broaden as the capability and speed of "reporting" grows. Apparently everything has become news.

No comments:

Post a Comment