Saturday, November 28, 2009

reddit

I really like Reddit and how it is setup. At first, I just scanned it and was confused as to what it really was, then I started reading the headlines and found myself chuckling at the topics and how it was worded. I especially like that the most commented stories are at the top instead of having someone who runs the site decide on which are newsworthy and which aren't. It could be something silly like a happy kitty, or more interesting like Tiger Wood's ultimate fighting champ of a wife.

On a more serious note, I don't really understand why text messages from 9/11 would be released. This article states that, "We hope that its entrance into the historical record will lead to a nuanced understanding of how this event led to death, opportunism and war." Can someone explain that to me? Is the interest in these texts the same as seeing an accident on the highway and being fascinated?

No comments:

Post a Comment