Friday, October 16, 2009

Just google it

Google is like my best friend. I rely on it for everything, when I don't know something I ask it questions, and when I want to online shop, it shows me all my favorite stores. I prefer its layout to yahoo, and even trust it more on its searches. Why? I have no clue. It's just there. I have a Google toolbar that just popped up one day, so now, I don't even have to waste my precious seconds by typing www.google.com, it's already there for me, like a really good friend. The creators of Google, Google Earth, Wave, Chrome, etc. should give themselves a good pat on the back. It has created such a monopoly over every other search engine and browser that they have become the reigning king of internet.

Google Earth made it possible for my sister to show me her new apartment in North Carolina and all the surrounding businesses from the bedroom of her Connecticut home. Chrome is my little genius as it keeps track of all my most frequented sites in neatly organized boxes, and the phrase, "just Google it" has become my answer for every question I don't know.

Just like that, Google has covered all the bases. It makes me wonder what people even did before it...

No comments:

Post a Comment